Credential Engine Technical Site
Welcome to the Credential Engine Technical Site where you will find complete documentation on our:
- Credential Transparency Description Language open family of schemas
- Data publishing tools including the Registry Publishing Assistant API
- Credential Registry Handbook
- Credential Registry Policy
- Consuming services from the Registry
- Learner and Worker Records Guide
- Quick Start Guides
- Other tools including those for mapping to the schemas, serializations.
Technical Services and Advisory Group
We specialize in helping organizations define, implement, and derive value from general open data strategies as well as from the Credential Registry and other Credential Engine services. Our areas of focus include credentials, skills and competencies, education and career pathways, transfer value, and quality assurance.
The TAG is open to anyone interested in participating with feedback on development of the CTDL and other Credential Engine technologies and services and with supporting alignment with other standards.
Developers are able to leverage the the Credential Registry API to build applications that can read or publish as much or as little information about credentials as they need to.
The Credential Engine project's developers are using Dublin Core Application Profiles process to create systems that communicate all virtually all aspects of credentials.
Use the CTDL Schemas
The Credential Transparency Description Language (CTDL) is available to use with data design, with interoperable learner/worker records, and for publishing information as linked data.
Explore the CTDL Handbook, Terms, Serializations, LER Guide, and other resources for using CTDL on this site.
Credential Engine offers the following options for publishing to the Credential Registry:
- Registry Assistant Publishing API
- Manual Entry
- Bulk Upload
For more information on setting up your account and getting started with any of the publishing methods, click here.
Credential Engine offers a robust search API to enable developers to leverage the wealth of data contained in the registry, using the CTDL and CTDL-ASN schemas.
Credential Engine offers a way for non-technical participants to enable a credential search on their own website. The Credential Finder Widget can be customized to match your site's theme and your preferences for automatic filtering, so that the results it shows can be more closely tailored to your site's purposes.
Join Credential Engine
Visit the Credential Engine website to:
- Learn more about Credential Engine
- Subscribe to updates
- Become a participant or partner
Get started with Credential Engine today by:
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the CTDL proposal to define and expand the types of financial assistance. We received quite a bit of feedback that was very helpful and we’ve made updates accordingly. Everyone who provided feedback will receive a separate email early next week summarizing how we responded to your comments. Those terms went to a “Pending” CTDL status Friday, August 14, 2020.
You can see these Pending terms here.
There is still time to comment on these pending terms prior to moving them to a status of "Stable" on Friday, August 28, 2020. In tandem with these terms being part of the CTDL on August 28th, the Credential Engine’s publishing tools will be updated to support publishing to the Credential Registry.
Thank you so much to all who were able to join us for our Education and Training to Jobs meeting. We covered the Draft Plan and Charter and came to a consensus of approving the Draft Plan & Charter. This will continue to be a work in progress while this task group continues to meet. In addition, the Credential Engine Team discussed the initial use cases and draft domain model. Details and direct links to these materials can be found in this document:
Thank you to all Technical Advisory Group (TAG) members that were able to participate in the July 31, 2020 TAG meeting. Below you will find all relevant information regarding Friday’s TAG meeting. This meeting provided opportunities to provide feedback on proposed CTDL updates and introduced additional pathway publishing work that is currently underway.
TAG Meeting Information
- July 31, 2020 TAG Meeting Folder
- July 31, 2020 TAG PowerPoint Presentation and PDF
- Webinar Recording
- Audio Recording
- TAG Google Group
- Provide feedback on the new Financial Assistance Concepts Proposal by August 7th.
- Review the Task Group Materials and provide feedback.
- Transfer Value Task Group
- Approved July 28, 2020 CTDL Transfer Value Profile Plan and Charter
- Draft July 29, 2020 Transfer Value Use Cases and Examples
- Draft Version 2 July 23, 2020 Transfer Value Domain Model V2
- Draft July 13, 2020 Transfer Value Draft Terms Proposal July 13, 2020
- Education & Training to Jobs Task Group
- Draft July 12, 2020 Education & Training To Jobs Task Group Plan Charter
- Draft July 12, 2020 Use Cases and Examples
- Draft July 6, 2020 Education & Training to Jobs Draft Domain Model
- Draft July 12, 2020 Education & Training to Jobs Draft Terms
- Let us know of any potential pathway publishing opportunities.
As you know, the CTDL is a continuously evolving language to meet new needs and use cases; as partners and experts in your field, we look to you to provide input and feedback as we consider new terms, definitions, and concepts. While we already have a Financial Assistance Profile, we have a proposal to update and organize it here.
Please review and provide feedback on the proposal no later than Friday, August 7, 2020. In particular, we are looking for input on:
- Are there other categories of financial assistance that should be included?
- Are the definitions sufficient to communicate the purpose of the term?
To provide feedback, please use one or more of the following options:
- Use comments with the proposal document
- Post to GitHub Issue #651
- Use this Google Group thread
- Email email@example.com
Please let the Credential Engine team know if you have any questions.
We have an upcoming TAG meeting this Friday, July 31st at 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST / 9:00 am MT / 8:00 am PST. We will be covering a number of topics during Friday's webinar:
- T3 Innovation Network Mapping Page
- Financial Assistance Profile Concept Updates Proposal
- Transfer Value Task Group Update
- Education & Training to Jobs Task Group Update
- Pathways Publishing Updates
- Publishing API updates
- Badgr Pathways Examples
- Pathways Bulk Upload
- Consuming DataUpdates